We provide our patients with the option of face-to-face consultations as well as telehealth.
Telehealth: A telehealth consult will be scheduled in the same fashion as a face to face. You will be given an appointment time that the Doctor will try to stick close to. Telehealth consults do have restrictions with certain medications and examinations. Please speak with one of the reception team to see if you are suitable for a telehealth consultation.
Face to Face: We will always try to schedule your appointment with the GP of your choice and we encourage that continuity but sometimes that may not be possible. Our shared data base allows other GP’s access to your file if your GP is unavailable.
Walk-in Appointments: Should you attend our practice without an appointment we will aim to meet your needs as best as we can. We maintain on-the-day appointment slots and will assign these based on the urgency of the patient’s needs using a triage system.
To help our GP’s run to time here are some tips:
- Ask for a longer consultation if you have multiple issues or a complex issue. (this could result in you not needing to come back another day)
- Let our receptionist know if more than 1 person is coming for the consultation (this will help us to avoid the squeeze in).
- Let our receptionist know if you have forms to fill out e.g.: Driver’s license, pre-operation forms, Centrelink forms or insurance forms.
- Let our receptionist know if your consultation is workers compensation
- If you are pressed for time, you can also call ahead to see how your GP is running.
We use SMS to remind you of your appointment and to alert you if we need to reschedule you. If you do not have a mobile phone we will confirm by giving you a phone call.